Sunday, August 06, 2006

Peaches are wonderful right now and I had one big ripe one I wanted to use. Fresh peach pie only happens for a short time and I didn't want to miss the window. I again experimented and had a happy, if small, success with this version. I used a 4 1/2 inch springform. It's a nice size for a small dessert.

Fresh Peach Tart
1 cup flour
1 tsp orange peel
2 TB butter
2 TB brown sugar
Mix and pat into pan bake 10 minutes at 350 until golden


1 large peach - sliced
1 tsp brown sugar
Combine and let macerate

For the glaze combine and bring to boil in saucepan:
1/4 cup orange juice
1 TB Grand Marnier
1 TB brown sugar
1/2 TB cornstarch
Stir until thickened and cool completely. Mix with peaches and place mixture in crust. Decorate with whipped cream.

I love the almond-peach flavor combination. I wonder how some Amaretto would work in the glaze. . .